- Mr. Manzoor Hussain
Assistant Agronomist / Additional Charge of Groundnut Botanist
Cell: 03005308177, 03025017949
- Mr. Abid Ali
Assistant Research Officer
Cell: 03216836326, 03357910467
- Strengthening of gene pool of diverse origin
- Development of high yielding and short season varieties
- Standardization of production technologies
- Production of good quality seed
- To develop soil moisture conservation techniques suitable for agro-climatic zone of Attock
- Succeeded to evolve promising lines which are at their advance stage of testing and evaluation.
- Agronomic experiments were laid out to sow the unshelled seed of groundnut by treating it with different chemicals or sown at earlier dates.
- Basic seed of high quality was sold to the farmers which improve the socio-economic conditions of the farmers.
Current Research Activities:
- Introduction of 3-4 grains/pods in advance lines
- Production of filial generations through crossing/hybridization
- Exotic material from NARC, Islamabad and Chakwal was evaluated to strengthen the germplasm which was well adapted to agro-climatic zone of Attock
- Wheat campaign was monitored at district level by checking the training programme regarding wheat crop, presence of participants and its standards
- To publish the research findings in well reputed journals
- Advisory services were provided to farmers
Abiotic and biotic resistances studies Cropping system studies